Thursday, June 14, 2012

A compilation update

I have decided I am too lazy to do one post per project, so compilation posts it is.


Pattern: 12" square cut in half
Fabric: Various bits and pieces - bike fabric bought from Arthur Toyes in Wgtn with Mum
Details: A stack of bandana bibs for sale. Some were for a toddler so I cut 13" squares instead of 12 - hopefully they're big enough!


Pattern: My own
Fabric: Scarlet red merino from Nick's, $8 a metre.
Details:  The fabric had a hole in it that I didn't notice until I'd already cut the pants out, so there's a little patch on the waistband - luckily not too conspicuous.  This is an impossible colour to photograph, it's actually quite nice in real life


Pattern: just made it up, can't even remember the measurements
Fabric: white PUL inner and a knit from the Spotlight sale table
Details: I followed a tutorial online (well, read it and then made it up) for the ends of the zip.  Didn't do it quite right, but hey, it's a wetbag for dirty nappies :)

Now shortly there will actually be some sewing for ME going on!  I bought a huge box of fabric - in fact, two boxes of fabric - off trademe, full of beautiful silks, knits, merino and sequiny stuff.  I don't go anywhere that requires the donning of sequins, so don't expect to see any of that, but my winter work wardrobe is practically non exsistent so there will be some practical but hopefully nice stuff being churned out shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment