Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New jeans

I am sooo behind in blogging finished projects!  And unfortunately some have been sent to recipients before I've taken a photo.  Never mind :)


Pattern:  Pajama pants pattern modified from a Topkids pants pattern
Fabric: A pair of very wide legged jeans of mine that I had never worn, and some quilting cotton from Arthur Toyes for the pockets.
Details: I bought a pair of very cool jeans from a market, made using this pattern; they had cute curved patch pockets on the front.  They're too small now unfortunately.  I used the idea of the pockets and cuffs to make these.  I didn't look at them while making these though and found that my front pockets were quite different.  Funny how the memory plays tricks on you.

My wide legged jeans had a third reincarnation as a pair of little jeans for D, a friend who has just turned one.  He had trucks and diggers fabric on his :)

No comments:

Post a Comment